San Gimignano, Siena, Chianti Guided Tour from Florence
Explore the heart of beautiful Tuscany on a full-day tour of the towns of San Gimignano and Siena, then discover the bucolic wine region of Chianti. Departing from Florence by luxury air-conditioned bus, your first stop will be the UNESCO World Heritage Site of San Gimignano, one of the most splendid examples of an Italian medieval town.
Distinguished by its famous towered skyline, San Gimignano stands along the Via Francigena on the hills of the Upper Val D’Elsa. Also famous for its Vernaccia di San Gimignano wine, saffron, and precious Santa Fina pottery, it is an excellent place to get acquainted with the Tuscan environment. You will enjoy some free time to stroll through the town on your own and explore its beautiful squares, architecture, churches, and side streets.
Afterwards you will head out to a unique location in the Chianti countryside to enjoy lunch and two wine tastings. Once you hop off the bus, you will be guided around the splendid estate until you reach it’s ancient medieval chapel; here you will be introduced to the estate’s fascinating history and background. Then head for the villa’s panoramic terrace where you will enjoy your first delicious wine tasting of Chianti Classico and some snacks while sitting on large wine barrels. The route will then continue to the restaurant: your typical Tuscan lunch will be accompanied by two excellent products of the estate itself, a “Riserva” and an IGP wine. Take your time after lunch to relax in the villa’s luxurious gardens.
Continue to Siena for a guided tour of its enchanting architectural styles, including the Cathedral and Palazzo Comunale (Municipal Building) in Piazza del Campo. The famous shell-shaped square provides the stage for the thrilling Palio horse race, run twice every summer.
• Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
• Free pick-up must be requested in advance. Call the tour operator in advance to check availability. If you do not call and request free pick-up, you can meet your tour operator at Santa Maria Novella train station, in front of the pharmacy
• Please note that from November 16, 2017 the pick-up service will not be availableDuring Winter season only (from November 16th to March 14th):
• English and Spanish are always guaranteed without minimum numbers
• Portuguese language is available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday with minimum 2 passengers
• Italian French, German, Russian, Chinese & Japanese languages are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday with minimum 4 passengers
• In case there are not minimum numbers to activate the language, the tour is guaranteed and confirmed anyway in English